I’ve been getting quite interested in mushrooms recently as like many foods supplied to us by the food industry, what we get are varieties that ship well and have a good shelf life but there is little consideration for taste. There are also some intriguing properties of mushrooms and some varieties are gaining more and more interest from a medical point of view. I was very intrigued to find out that a lot of them have a symbiotic relationship with trees. They really are very interesting and all cannot be covered in a short post so look out for the ‘Mushroom’ page if your interested.
Anyway, when I saw that we had mushrooms growing on the lawn my first thought was – can I eat them?. I tried to identify them – I think they are one of the Russula’s some of which are edible. However I bottled it as I don’t know what I’m doing!
I did not eat them – would you ? If you now something about mushroom identification what do you think?